Above all else, our caregivers are respectful, patient, and understanding. We can assure you that your loved one will be kept safe and secure by featuring continuity in care services. This basically means that the same person or group of people will be around your loved one to provide consistent and familiar care. The familiarity leads to a relaxed atmosphere that fosters participation in their new life.
All Sutton Homes are locally-owned and feature caregivers that are:
- Supervised by hands-on experienced Administrators
- Highly-trained in both Alzheimer’s care and dementia care
- Drug tested and have gone through background screening
- Trained in CPR and First Aid
- Certified to supervise and assist with self – administration of medications
- Trained in personal care, food handling, resident rights, elopement, HIPAA standards (privacy act), and emergency procedures.
- Able to deal with the various behaviors related to memory loss and dementia
- Awake 24/7 providing care around the clock
- Providing compassionate care with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene
Nurse Practitioner services are available in each of our homes.
Our Activities Coordinator plans regular group and individualized programs. These activities are tailored to each resident, based upon their unique, individual abilities. Typical activities include barbecues, picnics, musical programs, visits to other homes, crafts, games, and small household “chores”. Residents are encouraged to make the home their own home in décor and lifestyle. At Sutton Homes, your loved one can feel useful by helping with familiar household chores such as folding laundry, sweeping the patio or baking cookies, these activities can provide our residents with a purpose. Living in our homey environment, our residents also enjoy all the ordinary comforts of home such as a walk in the garden, or a visit with a loved one.
At Sutton Homes, every nutritious meal has been approved by a licensed dietitian. We take pride in giving special attention to individual resident’s food preferences and needs. Our staff get to know each resident’s preferences and favorites and are happy to accommodate them when appropriate. Just like at home, there are special treats for holidays, birthdays, and other important occasions. Snacks are available throughout the day and evening. Our staff and residents alike enjoy the task of food preparation, which can give a much needed sense of purpose and fun to those residents who are able to participate.